Monday, July 21, 2014

A Creepy Something

Almost two weeks without a computer after my laptop went down on me. Shopped around and finally got around to finding a desktop that could suit me for my senior year. After going more than a few days off of painting it felt genuinely hard to get back into the groove. It took a while to find inspiration and find a subject that I had fun painting. I feel like I missed out on two weeks of progress especially since I started off so well doing almost 2 paintings a night, but nonetheless, no excuses.

Needed SOMETHING exciting or fun to get me started again so I initially tried to come up with a character. After not having much success haha, I literally google'd "creepy looking sea creatures" and came up with a few species. Pulled some images I liked and tried to just create something creepy.

Mind you, I'm using my desktop on a monitor that never really worked well with my laptop because the colors on this are way blown up, so what I see right now is probably way different from what you see. I imagine when I post this it'll look way dark, but it might work to its advantage haha. I spent maybe 2-3 hours on this, which is way more than I think I should be capable of. Took some time to regroup all of the other brushes that I had had on my laptop as well too so there was a lot of experimenting.

This isn't even an amazing piece I'm proud of but I'm at least happy with how it looks and it was a fun one to work on. Definitely could go back into this and get some crazy detail. But in the end, hopefully you can look at it and get some kind of creepy feeling from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment