Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Speed Still Dump 01

So for the past 3 days I've been doing movie stills rather than the "virtual plein airs". Maybe i'll switch back and forth every so often? I dunno, maybe I'll just do whatever. The movie stills are really fun. I've been posting my studies on FB but I suppose I should be posting them here. Here's my last two plus my latest one today:

#001, 1.25 hours, "Django Unchained"

#002, 1 hour, "Stay"

#003, 1.25 hours, "The New World"

I like this one a lot! I'm proud to say that for this series I completely avoided color picking and I think I was doing fairly well and even much better on this last one. I'm squinting a lot more and trying to just pick out the big shapes and go for the "feel", not the details.

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment