Thursday, June 12, 2014

Paint Study Dump 01



My first dump of painting studies I'm doing this summer. I'm not trying to give myself too many guidelines, but I mainly want to work on my color and lighting. Most of these will probably suck, some will be okay, and I might have a gem or two. Doesn't matter, I'll post it just so I can see my progress.
#01 -- 06/10, ~2 Hours.This one wasn't all that bad actually. I'm happy with the feel, but my light values were definitely lacking.


#02 -- 06/10, ~1.5 Hours
Felt good coming off the first one and felt confident enough to do another one later that night. I think this one was better, and looking from the thumbnail I think I hit a lot of points pretty well. I can see what major difference it makes to have strong contrast in darks and lights.


#03 -- 06/11, ~1 Hour
Not sure why, but I wasn't really feeling this one while working on it, and I'm sure it shows. That being said, I was interested to see what I could do with half the time I worked on during the last two. One hour is crazy fast, and I was trying to train my brain to stop working details and think bigger picture. Color choices I didn't very much like, but on the bright side it looks like a good "underpainting" that I'd be able to continue working on. But I won't, at least for this one haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment